- Close all Office applications.
- Download and Save this file to your computer:
- Right-click, Run as administrator.Run the setup using default options.
- When setup is complete, double-click the Advantage "A" icon on your desktop to start the program
- When prompted, select the location of your ProTracker Advantage database. If you don't know where to find your database, check the Help > About ProTracker screen from another computer.
Note: If you get a blank login list after running a new setup, go to C:\Program Files(x86)\ProTracker Advantage\Data and delete SampleAdvantageData.mdb and AdvantageData.mdb after confirming that these are not your current database.
For fully detailed, step-by-step instructions, see the attached document.
**If you are installing on a computer running Office 365, please see this knowledge base article:http://help.protracker.com/entries/106692043
If you are connecting to a SQL Server database and the user cannot get connected (or if the database does not show up in the database list), the SQL Native Client 10.0 driver may not be installed. Use the link to download and run to install:
Native Client 10.0 (32 bit): http://www.protracker.com/Download/Tools/sqlncli_2008.msi
Native Client 10.0 (64 bit): http://www.protracker.com/Download/Tools/sqlncli_2008_64bit.msi