Navigating the User Interface
Click the following links to:
The ProTracker user interface consists of various modules designed to help you manage related records such as Contacts, Clients, Activities, and Accounts. Each module, representing a record type, groups the tools and functions needed to perform specific tasks. This enables you to work more efficiently.
All modules within ProTracker display the Navigation menu on the left side of the page and a navigation bar at the top of the page.
Navigation menu: Mouse-over each module to view menus with Detail View, List View, subpanel actions, Favorite, and Last Viewed records for better access to records you need the most.
Global Search: Enter a letter or a keyword in this field to search all modules for matching records. For more information, see Global Search.
Your user name: Click your user name to see the following dropdown menu options:
Profile For more information, see Editing your User Preferences.
Employees. Click this link to view a list of other employees in your organization. This list, maintained by the administrator, displays information such as name, title, phone number, department, and email address. Click a name to view detailed information about the employee. Every user is listed as an employee. However, every employee may not be a ProTracker user. For more information, see Employees Module.
Admin. This link displays only if you login as the administrator. Click this link to access the Administration Home page to perform administrative tasks. For more information, see ProTracker Administrator Guide.
Support. Click this to view the ProTracker Support page. You can create and submit a ticket to the ProTracker support team.
About. Click this to learn more about ProTracker and view version information and release notes.
Knowledge Base. This page displays links to ProTracker documentation, Knowledge Base, FAQs, and training courses to guide you through the process of learning the ProTracker application.
LogOut. Logs you out of the ProTracker application.
QuickCreate: The plus sign (+) in the upper right corner of the page is a dropdown menu for Quick Create forms of various modules. Quick Create forms enable you to create a record from anywhere in ProTracker without navigating to the module associated with the form. You can also access Quick Create forms from the sub-panel of a related record that displays in a record’s Detail View. For example, in addition to creating a Contact from the Contact menu or Quick Create link in the navigation bar, you can create a Contact from the Contacts sub-panel of a Client’s Detail View page.
Core ProTracker Modules ⇑ Top
The core ProTracker modules are as follows:
Home. The Home module provides a quick view of your activities and assigned records in the form of ProTracker Dashlets. If you access certain records frequently, you can mark them as favorites and add a My Favorite Records Dashlet. For more information on this module, see Home Module. For more information on Dashlets, see Managing ProTracker Dashlets. When you log into ProTracker, the Home module displays.
Accounts. Use this module to record a client’s investment accounts, liabilities, and other assets.
Billing. Use the submenus in this module for the following:
- Contracts. Use this module to view, create, and manage contracts and related documents, quotes, contacts etc. For more information, see Contracts Module.
- Payments. Use this module to create and view payments.
- Invoices/Proposals. Use this module to generate a proposal for a specific product or service to a client, and to manage invoices for products and services.
- Forecasts. You can view the committed sales amounts of individual users as well as teams for a specific time period. For more information, see Forecasts Module.
Calendar. Use this module to view scheduled activities (by day, week, month, or year) such as Meetings,Tasks, and Calls. You can also share your calendar with your coworkers to coordinate your daily activities. For more information, see Calendar Module.
Clients. You can track information about a client, including accounts and activities. You can link Contacts to a Client to show relationships. For more information on creating clients, see Clients Module.
Compliance. Use this module to facilitate regulatory compliance with the Investment Policy Statement, Office Gifts, Suitability and Compliance Reports.
Contacts. Use this module to track people involved in doing business with your organization. You can track contact information such as title, email address, and phone number. Contacts are usually linked to a client, but may include vendors, family, other professionals, or any person you wish to track. For more information, see Contacts Module.
Documents. Use this module to view a list of documents that you can download. You can also upload your own documents, assign publication and expiration dates, and specify the users who can access them. For more information, see Documents Module.
Emails. Use this module to send and receive emails. You can also automate email management and create email templates for automated responses and email-based marketing campaigns. For more information, see Emails Module.
Estate Planning. Use this module to track your clients' estate plans.
Firm. Use this module to record firm-related information.
Goals & Objectives. Use this module to document your clients' goals and objectives.
Groups. Use this module to create groups of contacts, clients, professionals, and employees for marketing or client service purposes.
Insurance. Use this module to track client insurance products, such as Business, Disability, Health, Homeowners, Life, Long-Term Care, Umbrella, and Vehicle Insurance, thereby improving client protections.
Projects. Use this module to track and manage tasks for multiple projects. Tasks can be assigned to different users and assigned estimated hours of effort. You can update information as tasks progress or are completed. For more information, see Projects Module.
Sales & Marketing. Use the submenus of this module to manage the following:
- Campaigns. Use this module to create and manage marketing campaigns. You can implement and track telemarketing, mail, or email-based marketing campaigns. For more information, see Campaigns Module.
- Opportunities. Use this module to track potential clients. Opportunities help you manage your selling process by tracking attributes such as sales stages, probability of close, deal amount, and other information. For more information, see Opportunities Module.
- Leads. Use this module to track individuals or companies that are potential customers. When you choose fields in the Web to Leads form in ProTracker from the fields in the Leads module, ProTracker generates the HTML code to display the form and the code to connect entered field values to the fields in the Leads module. For more information, see Leads Module.
- Targets. Use this module to track and manage targets. For more information see Targets Module.
- Target Lists. Use this module to create target lists and to track and manage mass marketing campaigns. For more information, see Target Lists Module.
- Products. Use this module to view and manage products that were sold to customers. For more information, see Products Module.
Workflows. Use this module to create and maintain workflow processes comprising multiple tasks. Workflows ensure optimum and consistent client service experiences.