What are the WORKSTATION requirements to run ProTracker Advantage (Desktop)?
These are the minimum requirements:
- 32-bit or 64-bit computer
- 1 GHz CPU
- 1 GB RAM
- 250 Mb disk space
- Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2002, 2003, 2007, or 2010/2013 (32-bit) or later for mail merges and exporting to spreadsheets
- Microsoft Outlook 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010/2013 (32-bit) or later for email archiving and PDA synchronization
- Microsoft Office 2010 (32-bit only)
- Microsoft Office 2013 (32-bit only)
- Microsoft Office 365 (local install only)
- Microsoft Office 2016 (32 bit only)
Warning: Advantage will not integrate with Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016 64-bit. This means no merging to Word, syncing with Outlook, email archiving, or exporting to Office file formats. In fact, Microsoft explicitly recommends against installing the 64-bit version of Office, except in a few specific scenarios not likely to be encountered by typical users. Source: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee681792.aspx.
How to tell if you have the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office: In Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, go to File -> Help or File-> Account-> About Word. The Version number is followed by a 32-bit or 64-bit marker.
- Document Scanner (must be TWAIN compliant)
- Printer with Envelope Feeder
- Single Label Printer (Dymo LabelWriter recommended).
- Business Card Scanner (Corex CardScan recommended)
Software that is NOT required:
- Microsoft Access™ (Access 2010 runtime is included)
- Microsoft SQL Server™ (SQL Server 2012 R2 is available) You may use your own installation of SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 or 2012 instead if desired
- Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server™
- Document Management
ProTracker Advantage runs only on Windows operating systems. The screens and documentation are written in English only, currency calculations and displays are in US dollars and cents. Some calculations and reports are based on US laws and regulations.