PROBLEM: Program loads:
- as a gray/blank screen with only top menu.
- with hidden or white blocks on some views
- with Document Explorer view only displaying top path section but no folders or documents
- An office update or repair has created multiple folders in the registry
- A recent Windows update may have unregistered the mscomctl.ocx system file or not removed old registry files
- The mscomctl.ocx file is out-of-date. Old version: 22.214.171.124 New version: 126.96.36.199 The version can be found under Dependencies in the startup log at C:\Program Files (x86)\ProTracker Advantage\ProTracker Advantage
#1 For gray/blank screen: Uninstall/reinstall ProTracker Advantage
- Close all Office applications.
- go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ProTracker Advantage\ProTracker Advantage and use the uninstall files to uninstall(unins000.exe).
- Download and Save this file to your computer:
- Right-click, Run as administrator.Run the setup using default options.
- When setup is complete, double-click the Advantage "A" icon on your desktop to start the program
- When prompted, select the location of your ProTracker Advantage database. If you don't know where to find your database, check the Help > About ProTracker screen from another computer.
#2 For blank Document Explorer: Remove extra folders from the registry
Go to the Windows registry using regedit.exe
Locate the following folder:
If more than one sub folder exist, delete all but the highest number. For example, delete 2.0 and 2.1, leaving 2.2
This should resolve the display problem with document Explorer view and may/or may not resolve the other display issues.
#3 If #1 fails: Update mscomctl.OCX file
Locate the mscomctl.OCX file in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 or C:\Windows\System32
Delete the file.
Download/save and replace with the newest version: http://www.protracker.com/Download/Tools/mscomctl.ocx
The file may need to be registered.
This should resolve display problems. If not, do a repair on Microsoft office and any Microsoft access runtimes. Then check for additional folders and remove if found(#1)
#3 Replace the program file (Advantage.mde) by manually running the latest update:
- Close ProTracker.
- Download / Save and Run this file: