How to Disable / Start / Stop / Pause AutoSync
How to check the current status of the AutoSync program
- ProTracker Advantage will display an alert at upper right if the user has AutoSync rules enabled but the AutoSync program is not running, or has been disabled.
- Check the system tray icon. A red X indicates that the program is running but has been paused or is disabled by your system administrator.
- Select Help > About ProTracker Advantage from the main menu
Disabling/Enabling the AutoSync feature (Affects ALL Users )
AutoSync runs automatically in the background whether ProTracker Advantage is running or not, so there may be times when the database administrator needs to turn this feature off. Reasons for turning off may include:
- Company policy does not allow end users to automatically sync data with other applications
- Outlook or other syncable applications are not deployed within the company
- The server or database is undergoing maintenance during which database or network connections will not be available
- A database migration or unplanned server backup is in progress
To enable or disable AutoSync:
- Select Operations > Database Administration from the menu. In the list of Assitant options at left, select Disable AutoSync (or Enable AutoSync)
Notes:The main window of ProTracker Advantage will display *AUTOSYNC DISABLED* for users with automatic sync rules
How to turn AutoSync On (Affects One User Only):
- Go to Home. Click the AutoSync tab. In the Assistant options, select Start AutoSync.
- Go to Home. Click the AutoSync tab, edit a sync rule and change it to automatic. When you save the rule, AutoSync will start automatically.
How to turn AutoSync Off (Affects One User Only):
- Right -click the AutoSync system tray icon, then select Exit Application
- Go to Home. Click the AutoSync tab. In the Assistant options, select Stop AutoSync
- AutoSync is turned off until the next time ProTracker Advantage is opened or the computer is restarted. If any sync rules are enabled, AutoSync will restart automatically.
- To permanently turn off AutoSync, switch your automatic rules to manual, or disable all sync rules, then restart.
- The main window of ProTracker Advantage will display *AUTOSYNC OFF* for users with automatic sync rules
Pausing AutoSync temporarily(Affects One User Only):
You may wish to pause AutoSync temporarily, for example:
- if you are using a laptop that will be disconnected from the network where your ProTracker Advantage database resides
- if you are performing a backup of a local database or Outlook repository
- if you are making many edits that would be affected by automatic syncing
To pause or resume syncing:
To Pause, right-click the AutoSync system tray icon, then select Pause. No sync rules will be processed while the application is paused and the main window of ProTracker Advantage will display *AUTOSYNC PAUSED*
To Resume syncing, right-click the AutoSync system tray icon, then select Resume. AutoSync will resume syncing at the next sync interval