You may already use these shortcuts for entering dates in Advantage:
- The double-click
Double-clicking within a date field will bring up a small calendar of the current month with today's date in red. Advance to future months by clicking the arrow to the right of the Month Year title, and retreat to prior months by clicking the arrow to the left of the Month Year title. Click the date you would like to appear in the date field.
- Even easier
To enter today's date in a date field, type the letter t. To add a day to the date displayed, type a +. To add 5 days, type + five times. To subtract a day, type a -.
Here are additional shortcuts for date fields, added by user request:
- Type the letter m to go to the beginning of current month
- Type the letter h to go to the end of current month
- Type the letter y to go to the beginning of current year
- Type the letter r to go to the end of current year
- Type the letter w to go to Monday of current week
- Type the letter k to go to Friday of current week
Example 1: It's January 5, and you wish to add a task due December 31, type r.
Example 2: It's Monday and you want to schedule an appointment for Friday, type k.